Monthly Updates

Last Updated: December 30, 2021

The my.SDSU Project Team held my.SDSU Roadshows in November and December 2021 to provide updates about the my.SDSU Project. These included: impacts on advisors, faculty, staff and students; a timeline showcasing the transition period between current systems and my.SDSU, and a view of the my.SDSU Student Services Center (staff perspective).

To view the recording of the my.SDSU November 2021 Roadshow, please visit Campus Events -> Prior Events.

See the attached November 2021 my.SDSU Roadshow for screenshots from the presentation highlighting how advisors, faculty, staff and students will be impacted. 

The my.SDSU Cross Project Team successfully completed its first Go-Live for the my.SDSU implementation. This first Go-Live is the foundation for SDSU to maximize the use of financial aid features in PeopleSoft. In turn, this will allow students to have better and more mobile friendly access to their Fall 2022 financial aid information.

my.SDSU Change Ambassadors are also working with the my.SDSU People-centric Adoption Team to conduct my.SDSU Roadshows across campus. Contact your my.SDSU Change Ambassador to learn more. 

The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships and Student Account Services held joint roadshows to explain some of the key takeaways that will be impacting the SDSU community in the coming year. Specifically, these are:

• In Fall 2022, SDSU will become a post-pay campus for all university charges - most importantly - Basic Tuition & Fees. This means that students will first register for courses and then their account will reflect a charge due date (as opposed to an estimate of what the charge would be). 
  • The Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships will be able to START processing fall 2022 financial aid applications in February. Students will be able to view their Fall 2022 financial aid applications in February 2022. 

The my.SDSU Town Hall was held on September 1, 2021 and had 300+ attendees via Zoom and approximately 50 attendees in person. During the town hall, my.SDSU Project Leadership provided updates on recent and upcoming project activities leading up to its completion by May 2022 for the fall 2022 term.

To view the recording of the my.SDSU Town Hall, please visit Campus Events -> Prior Events.

Included below is a high-level visualization of how the SDSU community will go through the my.SDSU implementation. Through Spring & Summer 2022, we will use current systems (AidLink, WebPortal, ASCOT). By Fall 2022, we will transition to the CSU Standard - PeopleSoft Campus Solutions.

my.SDSU Timeline showing transition from current systems to new systems

The my.SDSU Cross Project has identified processes and policies that are not aligned with the CSU’s policies and will proactively work toward assuring current policies align with the CSU System.

Through 19 Change Ambassadors Information Sessions, a total of 44 staff and students across SDSU have agreed to serve as Change Ambassadors.

The my.SDSU project team is finalizing the project plan and SDSU’s approach to our implementation of PeopleSoft Campus Solutions. The project plan is inclusive of data conversion and system integration strategies, as well as Go-Lives - the phases which mark a point in the project where a functionality is turned on. Go-Lives indicate when SDSU is ready to move specific daily operations from its current systems into Peoplesoft. The first of these Go-Lives will be for initial Financial Aid operations in November 2021. Additionally, San Diego State and Huron have begun work on data conversions and system interfaces as part of Go-Live 1.

To support our continuing commitment and efforts to engage our community about the my.SDSU project, we are looking for volunteers to serve as Change Ambassadors. Please email [email protected] for more information about Change Ambassador Info Sessions. 

The my.SDSU project has concluded the Discovery phase of the CMS Baseline implementation. Throughout April and May, the Cross Project team worked to identify and define the scope of this implementation, as well as a revised project timeline, which consists of three go-lives in November 2021, January 2022, and March 2022. 

In April 2021, the project is continuing with a new implementation partner -- Huron Consulting Group. With Huron, we are beginning with an initial focus on information gathering to understand our progress to date with a focus on targeted intentionality, increased communication and overall inclusion across the university.
The University is actively engaged with SDSU Procurement to solicit proposals for a new PeopleSoft Professional Services vendor to continue our implmentaiton of and transition to PeopleSoft Campus Solutions 9.2 / CSU Common Management System (CMS).
The contract with our PeopleSoft Professional Services vendor has concluded at the end of October 2020. A cross-functional team from the Information Technology Division, Financial Aid, Student Account Services, and the Office of the Registrar has been convened. This team worked with PeopleSoft technical subject matter expertise from the Office of the CIO in the Chancellor's Office to develop strategies for project momentum and engagement with our next PeopleSoft Professional Services vendor as we continue with our implementation of PeopleSoft Campus Solutions 9.2 / CSU Common Management Systems (CMS). 

All work supporting the go-live for Student Financial Aid ISIR load into the legacy Financial Aid Management System is complete.
October activities has been focused on the transition of the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships to begin utilizing PeopleSoft Campus Solutions 9.2 / CSU Common Management System (CMS) for the Fall 2021 term. The project is currently progressing on schedule to go-live for Student Financial Aid ISIR load at the beginning of November 2020.

The last week of October brought Campus Solutions Training to SDSU. The week began with an Introduction to PeopleSoft Campus Solutions, and continued with the Academic Structure Overview and Academic Record Maintenance courses. Class participants are the staff who will design and configure my.SDSU, including representatives from Enrollment Services (Records and Admissions), Enrollment Services IT, Financial Aid, Student Accounting Services, ASIR and the College of Extended Studies. Graduate Studies and the Imperial Valley Campus will join us in future sessions.

Project Scope Recommendation

The Business Process Alignment sessions wrapped up in early October, and the teams quickly moved forward with a review of the deliverables. A Business Process Alignment analysis was presented to each business area, detailing the session findings. Each team underwent a process to identify any missed requirements and prioritize enhancements. The recommended scope is undergoing an executive review.