How Do I Access Unofficial Transcripts?
This guide provides steps for accessing students’ unofficial transcripts through the my.SDSU Advisor Center Tile or Faculty Center Tile.
Tip: Users can use either tile to access this content. Also, your screen may look different from the screenshots in this article.
- Academic adjustments (course repeats, course forgiveness, resolved incomplete grades) will appear in the term in which the course was taken.
- Inactive student (e.g., alumni, etc.) will not display in my.SDSU; their information will be available in read-only mode in WebPortal until August 2023.
- Navigate to the Advisor Center on the my.SDSU Homepage.
Note: Some users may also access the Advisor Center via the Faculty Center tile.
- Under the Advisor Center Tab, select the View data for other students button.
- Enter student information and then select the Search button to lookup an individual.
Search fields include:
- ID, Campus ID, National ID, Last Name, and First Name.
- Partial and Case Sensitive search is available.
- Select and open a student profile.
- In the student profile, use the drop-down menu labeled other academic… and select Transcript: View Unofficial.
- Ensure that the following options are selected:
- Academic Institution: Select the student’s campus (e.g., San Diego State University)
- Report Type: SDSU Unofficial Transcript
- Select View Report
Note: Ensure that pop-ups are enabled in your web-browser. A new window will open, displaying an unofficial transcript that can be viewed or printed.