How Do I Find the Correct Query to Schedule?
Note: Your screen may look different from the screenshots in this article.
In the my.SDSU portal, staff with specific roles will be able to run, download and schedule reports, which are called Queries in my.SDSU.
Queries are organized in folders based on the type of information they contain. You can search for folders in the Query Scheduler and Query Viewer using the Advanced Search option and entering the folder name in the Folder Begins With field. This glossary will help you locate the correct Query to schedule based on your need.
- For instructions on how to schedule a Query, please refer to this guide.
- For instructions on how to view a Query, please refer to this guide.
- For instructions on how to run the Course Demand Report, please refer to this guide.
- For a simplified, printable version of this glossary, please refer to this guide.
Note: More Queries are continuously being added to my.SDSU. Any new reports will be added to the existing folders. Please refer to the query spreadsheet to see which reports are currently in production.
Note: Which queries are visible to you will depend on your role(s) in my.SDSU. If you need access to a specific report, please submit an access request form.
Note: my.SDSU does not support favoriting queries in Query Scheduler. However, you have the option of reusing run controls you previously created to save time in the future.
|Folder Name||Common Users||Description|
||This folder contains reports of students with active term data. This includes students who are enrolled and students who are eligible to enroll. The FTES reports are also found here.|
||This folder contains reports of students on academic probation and missing grade reports.|
||This folder contains reports of students who have recently graduated or who have applied to graduate.|
|SD: UTILITY REPORT||
||This folder contains a variety of reports including academic plans, the current and past schedules of classes, and other public information. EMPLID/Red ID lookup. No student level data is in this folder.|
|CM: SCHED BUILDING||
||This folder contains the course demand and schedule building reports.|
Explanation of Common Query Filters
Queries provide you with an opportunity to filter your search results before you export them. Each Query will have required filters, marked with an asterisk * and optional filters, marked as [OPTIONAL].
- For most filters, you will have the option of typing the criteria directly into the text box or searching for the desired criteria using the magnifying glass icon.
- For some filters, you will select a checkbox to include or exclude certain populations.
- If the checkbox filter includes the word only, selecting the checkbox will limit the data to a specific group of students.
- For example, if the Attending only filter is checked, only students who have registered for one or more classes will be included in your query results.
- If the checkbox filter does not include the word only, then selecting the checkbox will include that entire student population.
- For example, the filters Acad Career: UGRD, Acad Career: GRAD, and Acad Career: GLBL can each be checked or unchecked independently of each other to include all undergraduate, graduate, and/or Global Campus students. Please note that if all three filters are unchecked then no data will be displayed.
Please see an explanation of common required and optional filters.
|Institution||The Institution field will default to SDCMP for SDSU Campus. You cannot choose other campuses, but this prompt is necessary for the other look-ups to work.|
|Term||You can enter the four digit term or search for a term by using the magnifying glass icon. Terms follow this format: CYYT, where C is the first digit of the Century, YY is the last two digits of the year, and T is the Semester. C will be 1 for 1900’s and 2 for 2000’s. T will be 1 for Winter, 3 for Spring, 5 for Summer, and 7 for Fall. For example, Fall 1999 is 1997, Spring 2023 is 2233.|
|Campus [Optional]||If you would like to filter your results to a specific campus, you can do so using this field. If you leave it blank, you will receive results for all campuses.|
|College [Optional]||If you would like to filter your results to a specific college, you can do so using this field. If you leave it blank, you will receive results for all colleges.|
|Dept [Optional]||If you would like to filter your results to a specific department, you can do so using this field. If you leave it blank, you will receive results for all departments.|
|Acad Plan [Optional]||If you would like to filter your results to a specific academic plan, you can do so using this field. If you leave it blank, you will receive results for all academic plans.|
|Subject [Optional]||If you would like to filter your results to a specific course subject, you can do so using this field. If you leave it blank, you will receive results for all course subjects.|
|Eligible Only||If you select this check box, your results will contain only students who are eligible to enroll in classes for a specified term. Please note that being eligible to enroll does not necessarily mean that students have already enrolled.|
|Career||Check the UGRD (undergrad), GRAD (graduate), and/or GLBL (global campus) Career check boxes to receive any or all of those populations in your results.|
Note: If you export your Query as an Excel document, you will also have the option of filtering your data after you run the Query.