Parents & Families Support

Parents & Families Support Categories

Applicants to SDSU can log into my.SDSU to view their application status. If you have any questions, please contact SDSU's Office of Admissions. The Office of Admissions offers both in-person and virtual support Monday to Friday.

SDSU uses a post-pay model, which means that students will pay their basic tuition and fees AFTER enrolling for their upcoming semester's courses. Parents and families do not automatically have access to view a student's charges, financial aid or required documents. A student will have to send their parent/guardian a new alternative payer account invitation through CashNet via my.SDSU. After you have been set up as an alternative payer, please refer to these instructions on how make payments.

For more information on payment plans, 529 plans, tuition, fees and important deadlines, visit the Student Account Services website.

All SDSU students will see their financial aid awards in my.SDSU. Make sure that your student indicated San Diego State University as their number one school on the FAFSA and California Dream Act application.

If your student has outstanding Tasks on their my.SDSU To-Do List (found through the Tasks tile), they may not see their financial aid award. Make sure your student submits required documents via my.SDSU as soon as possible. Additionally, if your student is selected for verification, they will need to use my.SDSU to submit any required documents.

To inform SDSU of a scholarship award, notify SDSU of the award via email before you send the funds. When you have accepted an award, please inform the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships via email at [email protected]. Please include the following in your email:

• Student's name
  • Student's ID Number found on the SDSUcard
  • Scholarship amount
  • Semester or academic year for which the scholarship is intended

Students use my.SDSU to register for classes.

my.SDSU Project

For general project inquiries, contact us at [email protected]. To get immediate help, please choose the appropriate support link to the right.

We're Here to Help!

Need help finding help? Access “just-in-time” support or connect with a my.SDSU expert.